In accordance with the Rhode Island Access to Public Records Act, R.I.G.L. 1956 § 38-2-1, et seq., the Watch Hill Fire District of Westerly, Rhode Island has instituted the following procedure to help you obtain public records regarding the Fire District.

1.  All public records requests must be made in writing to the Watch Hill Fire District, either by mail, email or hand delivered.  Requests can be mailed to:

       Watch Hill Fire District
       ATTN: Office Manager
       222 Watch Hill Road
       Westerly, RI 02891 

or emailed to

Written requests for records can also be hand delivered to the Fire District Office which is located in the lower level of the Fire Station at 222 Watch Hill Road, Westerly, RI 02891.  
Hill Fire District whose office is located in the lower level of the fire station.  Business hours of the district are 9 AM to 12 PM on Fridays and Saturdays, from Memorial Day to Labor Day. To reach the District by phone, please call (401) 348-6540.

2.  The Watch Hill Fire District is committed to providing you with the public records in an expeditious and courteous manner.  Please be advised that the Access to Public Records Act allows a public body ten (10) business days to respond to any written requests, which can be extended an additional twenty (20) business days for “good cause,” including but not limited to: the voluminous nature of a request, the number of requests for records pending, or the difficulty in searching for and retrieving or copying the requested records is such that additional time is necessary.  We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to meet requests.

3. The cost per copied page is fifteen cents ($0.15). The hourly cost for a search and/or retrieval is fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour.  There is no charge for the first hour of a search and/or retrieval.

4.  You are not required to provide identification or the reason you seek the information, and
your right to access public records will not depend upon providing identification or reasons.

5.  If you feel that you have been denied access to public records, you have the right to file an appeal with the Department of Attorney General or the Superior Court. See R.I.G.L. §38-2-8.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window